Rank the producers (finance managers, service advisors, salespeople etc) and display the ranking for all to see! Its that simple.
I can’t encourage this enough. In fact I blogged about it briefly a few years ago and people who know me know I harp on this a lot. It is so simple that everyone should be calling me and saying “John, I get it. I see how this can work magic in my dealership. Show us how to do this.”
Here’s how I do it:
- Using Microsoft I create an Excel 2013 (or 2016) workbook and using the latest Excel feature (Power Query) I access the CDK Data Server/Repository I have setup (DAP, MDA or RPX)
- I pull the data into the PowerPivot (new in Excel starting with 2010) create relationships and measures (stats)
- I create a pivot table to rank and display stats
- I add slicers so folks can interact with the data
- I host it in a Site (SharePoint Online) in Office 365
- I fine tune who is allowed to see it using Site permissions (Usually everyone)
- I make sure automatic refresh of the data is setup so everyone is always looking at current data
- I send everyone a link to the new report
- I sit back and watch the numbers go up.
Here’s what it looks like for F&I Managers:
If you need help, shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org